Solaris offers a wide array of spare parts or wear parts. We categorize our parts inventory into the following:
- Feller-Buncher parts
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) parts
- Scraper Packages
- Trencher Chains, trencher parts and chain parts
- Spare parts for all other attachments
The feller-buncher, HDD, Scraper and trencher parts are all US -made parts by Ballantine, Inc. of Minnesota.
A feller buncher is an attachment or machine used in logging trees. It is a motorized vehicle like a skidsteer or wheel loader with an attachment that can quickly gather and cut a tree before “felling” it.
Feller is a traditional name for someone who cuts down trees, and bunching is the skidding and assembly of two or more trees. A feller buncher performs both of these harvesting functions and consists of a standard heavy equipment base with a tree-grabbing device that has the addition of a chain saw, circular saw or a tree shear—a pinching device designed to cut small trees off at the base or limbs off larger trees. The machine then places the cut tree on a stack suitable for transport to further processing such as de-limbing, bucking, loading, or chipping. Our spare parts or wear parts have been manufactured to fit a wide variety of makes and models of machines. Let us know what machines you operate, and we will likely carry the parts. Solaris – Ballantine’s hot saw feller teeth are made from high grade alloy steel specifically made to meet and exceed Ballantine’s tough standards. Ballantine’s hot saw feller teeth fit many felling and mulching heads and applications including John Deere®, CAT®, Quadco®, Tigercat®, Gator®, Timberpro, Diamond Mowers, CID, and AFEs. Available styles include shankless, 1-piece shank, and 2-piece shank. The categories include:
- Steel Concave Style Hot Saw Teeth
- Steel Beaver Style Hot Saw Teeth
- Carbide Beaver Style Hot Saw Teeth
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) also known as Directional Boring, is a minimal impact trenchless method of installing underground utilities such as pipe, conduit, or cables in a relatively shallow arc along a planned underground path using a machine on the surface known as a drilling rig. HDD offers significant environmental advantages over traditional trenching or excavating for utility installations. The technique is usually used when conventional trenching or excavating is not practical or when minimal surface disturbance is required. HDD is used to circumvent any number of surface obstacles including roadways, railroads, wetlands, and bodies of water. Naturally, when drilling underground as described, parts will wear out and will need to be replaced with high quality replacement parts. Let us know what your needs are. We are ready to deliver! Our HDD tooling replacements parts are available for Vermeer® Navigators™, Ditch Witch Jet Track®, TT Technologies® Grundodrill 4X Drills and Case® Drills. We offer the following categories of HDD spare parts/wear parts:
- Drill Rod / Drill Pipe
- Drive Chucks / Sub Savers
- Starter Rods
- Pilot Bits – Hurricane, Bear Claw, Duckbill, Steep Taper, Dura Bit, Carbide Claw, Chevron Bit
- EZ Connect Adapters
- Rod Wipers
- Vise Jaws / Jaw Dies
- Pulling Accessories
- Jet-Lube® Products
Solaris offers a complete line of scraper wear parts for Caterpillar® and John Deere® Elevating Scrapers, Wheel Tractor-Scrapers. These include:
- Scraper Chain – Standard, Heavy Duty, and Sealed-Joint
- Scraper Sprockets – Drive Sprocket, Split Sprocket
- Scraper Flights
- Scraper Rollers – Floor Roller, Top Idler Roller, Ejection Roller, Bottom Tail Roller, Center Idler Roller, Intermediate Idler Roller
- Components – Attaching Link, Block Link, Connecting Link, Half Link, Sprocket Bolt Kits, Flight Bolt Kits, Idler Roller Bearing Kit, Idler Flange
Trencher & Trencher Chain Parts
Solaris offers Ballantine trencher chains for virtually every trencher ever built. We offer standard OEM replacement chain and we also offer the Trench-All® heavy-duty trencher chain. The Trench-All chain is designed with many special features which provides you with the longest possible wear life. Our trencher digging chain is engineered specifically for today’s high horsepower trenchers.
The single most important component in the entire digging system is the cutting system. We offer the largest selection of cutting teeth throughout the trenching industry. We manufacture cup cutters with embedded carbide hardfacing to give you maximum performance. We also offer many styles of carbide rock teeth, such as carbide rotary teeth, carbide Terminator® teeth and groundbreakers. We also stock a wide variety of adapters for carbide teeth.
When replacing your trencher chain, be sure to inspect the sprockets and roller for wear. We manufacture sprockets and rollers to fit all of the trencher chain that we sell. These sprockets are engineered to interact with the trencher chains to enhance the overall performance and wear life of all digging components.
Solaris is your source for replacement parts for virtually every trencher including: Astec®, Case®, Davis®, Ditch Witch®, Vermeer®, Bobcat®, Burkeen®, Barreto®, Ground Hog®, Caterpillar®, Tesmec®, Trencor®, Toro®, Auburn®, and Parsons®.
Ballantine’s Trencher Product Line Offering Includes:
- Bare Chain – Standard Duty Chain, Anti-Back Flex Chain, Trench-All Chain, Heavy Duty Anti-Back Flex Chain
- Trencher Chain Assemblies – Cup Cutter Assembly, Rock & Frost Assembly, Innovator Assembly, H-Plate Assembly, Terminator Assembly, Combination Chain Assemblies.
- Chain Components – Cup Cutter Teeth, Terminator Teeth, Ground Breaker Teeth, Rock & Frost Adapters, Carbide Bits, Tube Spacers, Nuts, Bolts.
- Trencher Sprockets – Drive Sprocket, Idler Sprocket, Auger Sprocket, Plate Drive Sprocket, Plate Idler Sprocket, Track Drive Sprocket
- Rollers – Boom End Roller, Idler Roller
- Shaft – Drive Shaft, Head Shaft, Idler Shaft, Jack Shaft
- Bearings – Flange Bearing, Pillow Block Bearing, Roller Bearing, Needle Bearing
- Booms – Digging Boom, Roller Boom, Boom Adjusting Bock, Slide and Stop
- Augers – Auger, Dirt Auger, Outboard Bearing Auger
- Top Plates
Please fill out the form below or call us now to let us know your needs.